You may have noticed how Dodge has created a “Last Call” serial introduction of sorts for a set of limited-edition cars for 2023 that will mark the last gas-powered vehicles from the brand before it goes electric. So far, six have been announced, with the seventh slated to be introduced at SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) in November. However, Dodge has announced #7 won’t be ready in time for SEMA due to supply-chain issues.
Dodge’s six previously announced “Last Call” models include Challenger Shakedown, Charger Super Bee, Challenger and Charger Scat Pack Swinger, Charger King Daytona and Challenger Black Ghost. This recent turn of events gives those of us at ClassicCars.com Journal the opportunity to guess or fantasize what Dodge has up its sleeve. Here are some thoughts from our staff:
- “I would like to see Dodge do something that’s “out there,” even for them. Seeing their focus on 1960-70s muscle, I would like to see a Hellephant powerplant or a ‘Cuda Edition Challenger with new fascia.”
- Hemi Challenger R/T convertible powered by a Hellcat
- Dick Landy race regalia replica
- Mr. Norm’s Grand Spaulding Dodge
- Was the Hellephant mentioned yet?
- A proper Kowalski Edition Challenger
- How about a special edition Charger honoring the bad guys in “Bullitt”?
When these issues have resolved themselves, Dodge will announce the rescheduled date. In the meantime, why not put on your Mopar thinking hat and tell us what you imagine Last Call #7 will be?